You.com aims at enhancing the skills and the international dimension of youth organizations through a process of exchange and debate of ideas, knowledge, practices and experience.
The purposes are:
to develop a new model of non-formal learning in the field of recycling
to increase youth knowledge and creative abilities to envisage opportunities of growth and innovative social entrepreneurship
The partner Countries:
Belgium, Italy, Poland, Romania, Turkey
Extra European Countries:
Nepal, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda
The recent EU policies promote the action of recycling to create a model of “circular economy” in which the waste disappears and new job opportunities can be created. On the contrary, in most extra UE Countries, plans to eliminate products of waste are nearly absent.
The project aims to bring out the needs and opportunities of the local communities involved, ensuring the involvement of motivated and proactive organizations and young people to find together answers and solutions. The experience of cooperation between the partners will strengthen peer-to-peer relationships and synergies among organizations, enabling young people to develop social entrepreneurship initiatives and a dialogue with local authorities that will continue after the project.
The activities proposed include:
- 10 online meetings aiming the exchange of good practices to the innovation of non formal educational and social activities for young people;
- 1 meeting on site that will take place in Sicily (a region of Italy). This meeting has different aims: face-to-face confrontation among the partners; sharing the coordination of the project’s activities; the planning of the content of the OER (Open Educational Resources); monitoring and financial steps and reports, and so on;
- the design of the YNFLM (Youth Non Formal Learnig Method) contents;
- realization of OER platform and translation in the language of each partner.
- testing and implementation of the YNFLM involving 32 young people during mobility activities (16 in Europe, 4 from Asia and 12 from Africa) aged from 18 to 26, that will carry out workshops, interviews and EVS mobility;
- Evs Mobility: In a first phase, in each of the extra UE countries (Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Nepal) there will be assembled a group of 8 young people, 4 selected by locals and 4 hosted from UE countries (Italy, Spain, Poland and Turkey) that for 6 months will take part of the YNFLM activities; in a second phase, 8 extra UE young people (2 for each extra UE countries), previously involved in the first phase activities, will move to Europe (Italy and Poland) for 3 months to complete the YNFLM activities.
The main output of the project are (with “output” we intend all the materials that will be created thanks to the implementation of the projects):
- creation of an OER platform for their communication to the target groups and stakeholders (this will ensure the sharing and dissemination in all countries of the world); this OER it’s a useful instrument for comparison through an online platform;
- researches on waste policies about waste in all the countries included in the project partnership;
- 4 products of “creative recycling”;
- a promotional event.
The project will have an impact:
- on youth organizations through the exchange of knowledge on policies, recycling practices and practices of social enterprise in Europe and in the Partner Countries, through the sharing of needs, issues, challenges and possible solutions;
- on young people in terms of change in their personal capacities (initiative and enterprise, which may result in entrepreneurship and employment opportunities), encouraging the personal well-being and social inclusion.
You.com has a detailed dissemination plan of results through the creation of communication tools and promotional activities. Tulime will be the coordinator of this phase of dissemination. Each partner will provide 700 contacts (institutions, NGOs, schools, universities…) to make it possible the activity of dissemination in their own country. Other means of dissemination will be: the creation of a logo for the project and of the website, youtube connection, mailinglist, events, etc. All this instruments of dissemination will be created by Tulime Onlus.